Answer the questions given below.
1. Define the following terms-
2. Write antonyms of the following words-
3. Write the meanings of the given idioms and use them in sentences of your own.
a. Beat around the bush
b. Cut corners
c. Up in arms
d. Get your act together
4. Use the correct form of the verb given in the bracket-
a. I_(has, had) a math test yesterday.
b. I_(will go, will went) to the store later.
c. I had already_(fallen, fall) asleep when my alarm went off.
d. I_(are reading, am reading)a newspaper.
5. Complete the following sentences by using appropriate subordinate clauses-
a. I don’t know___ .
b. The child needed help___ .
c. ___ she was not able to find a good job.
d. She said___ .